Oem fly wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oem fly wheels

About what should a set of oem FL fly wheels with all the shafts and rods assembled go for (cost).

The answer is anywhere from $200-$2000 dollars depending on all the associated connected bits. Are the shafts new, used, junk, etc? Are the rods worn out or rebuilt? OEM or aftermarket? Not enough info from you to get closer...
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Oem fly wheels, new Jims shafts, oem rods with new reamed bushings with pins checked for true. All ballanced ready to go. Really great wheels and rods.............

Comment

Anyone............................................ ..................

Comment

Hello...........Truett&Osborne wheels- about 400.00 Jims Sprocket-Pinion shafts 250.00 crank pin 100.00 bearings cages all around 150.00-200.00 line bore cases/balance and true wheels 400.00- 600.00 figure about 2.000.00 as the other man said. You can always go with the ShankEyesheck parts they are cheaper but you, Get-What-You- pay For.

Comment

I would be careful about things like this unless you know and trust the seller. Jerry

Comment

Jerry,
              These are actually mine, have had them for a few years. They were givin to me as part of a trade for some restoration engine work I did for a guy. They were in a set of FL cases and he opted for Truett and Osborn setup. He said that he had had these set up by a motor guy he knew and had ran them for less than a break in period. I checked them out thoroughly, they were set up correct, all parts in great condition. Just I have no need for them so Im selling them. Trying to get idea what to ask..............

Comment

As Jerry said and what goes for me, I would never pay for unknown work as I would have to completely go through them to suit myself so I never buy "rebuilt, restored, or refurbished"parts.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Yes but I already own these. Even though I own them if I was going to use them I would do the same, dis-assembly, inspection and re-assembly. Everyone has to buy parts somewhere or we wouldnt have any parts........

Comment

Everyone has to buy parts somewhere or we wouldnt have any parts........
                    Correct, But many folks are not going to pay for someone else's time and repair parts if they prefer to do it themselves. So my point is that trying to get top dollar for "rebuilt" parts could be tough.
                    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Ok, lol, let me put it another way, lets say wheels are perfect, rods are perfect, both oem. Shafts are Jims but perfect, for the sake of argument and the aforementioned being true, would
                      I be out of line asking $400 to $500 for the above items?
                      Would I be better served, selling wise, to split it all apart and sell items individually?
                      Last edited by poorbiker; 12-26-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I believe they would bring more than that on eBay. I would not bother to knock it apart as most people would not know what to do with the parts. I would sell it as is with an honest description. Don't be scared of askiing 'too much' you can always come down.

Jerry

Comment

Thnx Jerry, was just trying to get an idea, its hard to figure these things sometimes. Ive seen a good set of wheels alone go for $300 and a month later another good set only go for $175.
                          Maybe timing and maybe the difference in the seller, Im talking ebay now. The higher priced set was through a guy who sells alot with no bad feed back, always has great stuff at good prices.
                          Just wish I knew someone who really needed them. Thnx again for all the replies...........................

Comment

Working...
                          X