Looking for a quality wheel rebuild artist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a quality wheel rebuild artist

I've got a couple of 1940 OEM big twin harley wheels that have some hub pitting (1940-only indented grease fitting/seamed hub type), missing bearings, etc. and I'ld like an expert to do the job right. I was told that Pico Wheel does retoration, lacing and hub rebuilds, but they don't do anything with the hubs other than paint them. They will be back from Pico wheel in a week or two and I would like to have the hubs gone over.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Vic
    Last edited by 40 Nuck; 11-11-2013, 12:26 PM. Reason: added clarifying language
    Vic Ephrem
    AMCA #2590

Hello Lee Armitage 1-440 655 6637

Comment

Thanks, Diesel ... got in touch with Lee and discussed my needs. Seems like a real good guy who took the time to walk me through his process. The reference is very much appreciated!
      Vic Ephrem
      AMCA #2590

Comment

Buchanen spoke and rim, California. One of the best companies I ever dealt with.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Thanks, sirhrmechanic. Apparently Buchanen has a great rep, but don't do hubs (which is most critical part of the work that I need). Thanks very much for the referral.
          Vic Ephrem
          AMCA #2590

Comment

Vic, Just so you know. Those hubs are ' 39 to ' 41 only. Stepped ' 36 to ' 38, ' 42 up till they went to the sealed units in mid-' 60's. Rich P. S. I to have a ' 40 EL.
            DrSprocket

Comment

Working...
            X