Paint stripe on '39 models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint stripe on '39 models

I posted this question under "Paint" but got no response. I'm looking for the width of the stripe and space on '39 tanks. Someone has to have the answer to this.

39 shawano rally.jpgPicture 828.jpg018.jpg

Nearest I can measure on my 39 the stripe is 5/32 wide and the space from the panel is 1/16. The color and striping was painted by Gilbys Street Dept. in River Falls Wi. He has painted many high end restorations and also had a 39 original paint in his shop to measure off of. The last picture is my 39. The damage is the result of a deer collision.
    Bob

Comment

Thanks for the information. Another member also sent me an original photo from Harley Davidson as well, everyones help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Go to members projects. You'll find the answer there.
          AMCA #765

Comment

Factory.Rt.Tank.jpg

I am looking to revive this old thread to confirm the tank stripe information for 1939 Knuckles as provided by Member "bobphd" above, and seek other related information.

Please see my attached recreation of the factory photo that Chris Haynes posted ( I believe that photo shows the Teak Red and Black color combination). Can someone provide the proper measurements for A (black stripe width), B (red stripe width) and C (perpendicular distance between the gas cap bung and the black stripe).

Also, please see the 2 photos I have attached of a left side tank - does the placement of the striping as it relates to the shift gate bungs look accurate?

Last, can anyone post a photo or two of the front of a tank so I can see where the stripes end at the underside of the tanks and to show how the 2 colors are laid out on the underside of the tanks?

Left.Tank.Japan.1.jpgLeft.Tank.Japan.2.jpg

Any guidance provided would be most appreciated. Bob
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X