1946 spotlights and bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1946 spotlights and bar

Im looking for the best copies of 6V spotlights & bar with all the proper wording and insignias. I've seen them on a bike but never found out the manufacturer. I've found a lot with no markings whatsoever. And did the originals ever come in black or have they always been chrome. Thanks FNA

I've been checking back twice a day and will continue to until I find spot lights

Comment

Grin, I have been watching your post with much interest as well, as I am also in the market for as good a copy (or real makoy) that I can find for my 42 knuckle. Thanks for putting this post up.
      Bob Beatty
      AMCA 19209

Comment

War production spots were painted black. There is no manufacturers name on them.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Good luck on copies. I have never seen copies of the long base spots, only the '50 and later short ones. ('49 used long base with pre-focused bulbs, a one year deal).
          As for '46, it is a toss-up as to finish. Early '46 stuff was pretty much blacked out like '45. But some later stuff was chrome.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

A few years back I purchased a set from Tedd's V-Twin. They were supposedly licensed by Delco. They were the long stem with the correct markings and no focus screw. I drilled a hole in the back, installed an oval head screw to make them look correct for 41. They turned out real nice. The switches were a little different than originals but the lights were very good copies in my opinion. I don't know if they are still available but you could check.
            Last edited by jwl; 11-02-2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

jwl, I will check with v-twin but I've already looked them over quite thoroughly. I have some old catalogues. Do you have a more exact time frame when you bought those from Tedd's. Thanks FNA

Chris, were the ones with no markings military or civilian also I should have been more clear on the black ones. Besides when they had no chrome from war shortages, did they ever offer black spotlights on springer front ends. Thanks FNA

Comment

I don't remember exactly when it was but probably close to 10 years ago. I am at our winter home now and my receipts are not here. I haven't looked at a V-Twin cataloge for a long time but if you don't see them in a recent cataloge they are probably not available any longer. At the same time I got the spots they also had some cycle rays and generator cutouts that were supposedly licenced by DelcoGM-Guide.

Comment

George @Throttle Masters was selling them not to long ago.
                  AMCA #765

Comment

Ok, while we are on this subject, I have a pair that has switches but short stems, what years did those fall under?

Comment

The imported repop long stem spotlights with markings are vtwin no. 33-0038. Retail for about $200.00 for a pair.

Bob

Comment

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Early-Guide-...370935993959%2spot lights.jpg

Comment

Thanks bobphd, I already looked at vtwin and called and left message with my rep. She still hasn't got back ahold of me. Usually when I punch it up on there web site it will tell you if it has the correct markings or not. It didn't say anything so that's when I called my dealer rep. Thanks so much . I will order a set ASAP. A friend gave me an original set but they are Pristene and I told him I would use for show only since even the smallest of drops usually wipes out the spots. I plan to ride the piss out of this bike while I can still kick it over so I figured I would get a set of repops to save the originals as long as possible. Thanks to all. FNA. Keith

Comment

Originally posted by Sidehacker View Post
                            Im looking for the best copies of 6V spotlights & bar with all the proper wording and insignias. I've seen them on a bike but never found out the manufacturer. I've found a lot with no markings whatsoever. And did the originals ever come in black or have they always been chrome. Thanks FNA
                            Here ya go..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141103567512...84.m1438.l2649
                            AMCA #765

Comment

Working...
                            X