No announcement yet.

Saddle Bag Half-Moon Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill, the jewels were an accessory item to mount bags. Seller watertowngrl on ebay has the mounting for 5 hole bags http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-SADDL...item461212f07d
    and mounting for 4 hole bags /www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-SADDLEBAG-MOUNT-KIT-90980-48-1948-1957-TWINS-WL-EL-FL-FLH-UL-/290962970423?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bebe9737

If not showing present sales try and email seller they are very accommodating and willing to help.

Tim

Comment

Bill,

For the sake of clarity, I believe Chris' image is of a 1948 model Flathead. Notice the coil mount and wire terminal on the horn front fender mount. These should not be on the '47 models. I may have missed something else. Also, I thought it was interesting that the rear fender "flip" doesn't match the fender very well. The bottom edge doesn't align. I've never seen that before, even on bad restorations.
      Bob

Comment

I agree with Chis's comment, this could be a bike from the prototype dept. It has a steering lock, and steering dampener dowel in the neck.

During a discussion about exhaust clamps a while back, Chris posted a picture of a 46 or 47 U model that had experimental Wishbone sidecar lugs which were actually, Straight leg sidecar lugs that had been cut and shut and welded to the wishbone angle. I am not sure if this is the same bike.
        While the information on saddlebag mounts may be correct, this might not be the best picture to base 1947 correctness of other parts.
        Last edited by Steve Little; 09-26-2013, 03:54 PM.
        Steve Little
        Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
        Australia.
        AMCA member 1950

Comment

Bob,
          Needless to say, it's a flathead. But many of the details that are similar to all of the big twins are shown in that picture. I did notice the misalignment of the rear fender flap and a few other anomalies. Also, the photo depicts a 4-hole mount, while mine is a 5-hole setup. Thanks for pointing out the changes, although I am aware of many of the differences between the '47 and '48 models. I guess my point was that those old photos by Pohlman Studios were on glass plate negatives and the old lenses were well-ground and of extremely high quality. The resulting detail was amazing. Chris has a collection of these old photos that is second to none and he willingly shares this information with anyone that asks. I, for one will take any photographic information that he offers. It's pure gold.
          Last edited by billpedalino; 09-27-2013, 07:46 PM.
          Bill Pedalino
          Huntington, New York
          AMCA 6755

Comment

According to research done by Michael Paquette (Worsham Castle) all '47 models through serial number 10050 were 5 hole and changed to 4 hole after that.
            Robbie
            Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

We tooled up and made a run of 5 hole saddle bage plates, they are perfect to the originals and made of sheet steel in raw finish so you can Chrome or paint them.
              Carl
              http://www.carlscyclesupply.com

Comment

Working...
              X