Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuck Pushrod cover clips

What is the length of the early clips?

The 36-39 pushrod clips are like the lower ones you have pictured. All of the original ohv clips that I have seen on 36-42 were stainless steel. They could have had steel clips on the early bikes but I have not seen them.

Comment

Thanx Matt ,Stainless is funny stuff most believe a magnet and rust will not affect stainless..that is only true if it is pure stainless...my ss ruler can easily be picked up with magnet.It is also rusty!Same with these clips..I worked for Head and shoulders[P&G]as mechanic /project manager 17 years..any free iron turns it purple.Piping was 316L stainless and acid etched all welds to eliminate free iron.These clips pictured are all the same material..slight polish and the ones on the right shine like the others!Pure stainles is brittle and not maleable[bendable]..See you at Davenport!

Comment

I had a friend that did some parkerizing in his shop...the stainless fork tins that were in the room had that grey color to it the next day!I did not say iron is added to stainless to make it malleable..that is why magnets attract and oxidation occurs..."low grade stainless"

Comment

Working...
        X