Spark Plug Wire Clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug Wire Clip

I'm detailing out my '47 FL which includes refining some of the electrical wire routing. Does anyone have a photo that they can post of the correct installation of the front spark plug wire/wire clip?
    Thanks...
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11565
    Is this what you need ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the picture! What I'm trying to learn is exactly where clip No. 9970 goes. I know its nit-picking, but the tanks are off so I may as well do it right. Is it placed right against the top motor mount or is it spaced outboard of the washer for the motor mount bolt.
      Also, I've gotten mixed answers about the routing of front spark plug wire for the '47 FL. I believe that it runs behind and over the frame tube, as shown in your picture. However, others assert that it runs outboard of the frame. Who is correct? My guess is that if anyone has a factory picture, its Chris Haynes....

Thanks again for the quick reply!
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

47 cleaning 095.jpgI can't figure out what clip #9970 is ?
        I might have a picture for you if I knew.
        How is this one ?

Comment

#9970 goes between the choke lever and the top motor mount as shown in the last pic.

Comment

9970 is the front spark plug wire clip (old No. is 4726-36). The second picture is perfect! Thanks...
            Bill Pedalino
            Huntington, New York
            AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
            X