Casting codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casting codes

Is there any publication that somebody has put together with the casting codes . Or do we just have to compile it ourselves.

Casting code information is often discussed at www.caimag.com/forum
    It will all be in the new Palmer book too.
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

A new Palmer book? Do tell....
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

Casting code information is often discussed at http://www.hydra-glide.com/phpBB3/index.php in depth as well.

Please note the searchable knowledge base and other valuable references.

....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 01-28-2013, 01:57 PM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

A new Palmer book? Do tell....
          Bruce is compiling a new edition with much more info, and updated and corrected old info. Not sure when it will appear though.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks , it seems like I post these questions with the good intention of checking back in the next 24 hour period but n reality it usually turns out to be a day or three. Since I started using the computer as a tool in my motorcycle restoration toolbox I am always learning new important information and it seems like there is never enough time. Anyway, guys thanks once again for the useful information.. FNA

Comment

It would be helpful if you did a search on the subject rather than bringing up something that has been talked to death.
              Be sure to visit;

Comment

I've been involved with Harley's my whole life as a lot of us have, but I have made no secrets about being new to computers and what they are capable of , Chris you need to learn how to express you thoughts without alienating the people you seem to be wanting to help. I don't know what or how to do a search on the subject that you say has been talked to death. I wonder if the first time you ask someone for information on this subject were you spoke down to like you just did to me. I came to the AMCA to get help and help others. If you have enough time to read everything and interject non helpful pieces of information to prove you know more than I do . You win . I'm sure you know more than I in this subject. So now you don't have to waste your time perusing over my posts because I'm looking for helpful information and people who want to help. Now I will not respond or mention anything else on this subject because I don't want to waste anyones time on a subject that's been talked to death. So for those of you that directed me to sites that were helpful Thankyou. But to all others please don't add to this post as Chris Haynes considers this a talked to death subject with nothing new to be added.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidehacker View Post
                  I've been involved with Harley's my whole life as a lot of us have, but I have made no secrets about being new to computers and what they are capable of , Chris you need to learn how to express you thoughts without alienating the people you seem to be wanting to help. I don't know what or how to do a search on the subject that you say has been talked to death. I wonder if the first time you ask someone for information on this subject were you spoke down to like you just did to me. I came to the AMCA to get help and help others. If you have enough time to read everything and interject non helpful pieces of information to prove you know more than I do . You win . I'm sure you know more than I in this subject. So now you don't have to waste your time perusing over my posts because I'm looking for helpful information and people who want to help. Now I will not respond or mention anything else on this subject because I don't want to waste anyones time on a subject that's been talked to death. So for those of you that directed me to sites that were helpful Thankyou. But to all others please don't add to this post as Chris Haynes considers this a talked to death subject with nothing new to be added.
                  I am sorry your feel talked down to. That was not my intent. I am simply direct and to the point.
                  Be sure to visit;

Comment

Sidehacker, sorry for the rough treatment you've perceived. In a nutshell, on all of these forums, there's a box up there near the top of the page for "Search" or "Advanced Search" function which are actually the doors to veritable gold mines. "Search" opens to an addressable database of all the posts ever made to that forum containing the words you type.

You can narrow your responses gradually by trying different word combinations that might have appeared referring to a subject; among other "tricks," like using the plus-sign ("+") between words instead of spaces, you may call up specific terms "only" where the connected words appear together. It takes time and practice; a veritable "learning curve." Newcomers are encouraged to use the Search function for almost any question before putting a general question to the forum at-large simply because that universe of information which might answer it exists at your fingertips.

You can spend hours here, and also at CAIMag or Hydra-glide forum or many others which are, essentially, all the same database program in different clothing, just mining their databases. That was the feature that was referenced in a bit of brusque shorthand by some of us who've been doing this for years, and who've answered virtually the same questions over-and-over. But, if we didn't enjoy trying to pass the information we've acquired in decades of doing and talking about old motorcycles, we wouldn't be here. Welcome. Just buck up, and don't forget that inscription over the door when you walked in this virtual place: "Abandon hope, all ye who enter here!" --Dante Alighieri's Inferno.
                    Last edited by Sargehere; 02-07-2013, 08:09 PM. Reason: sp.
                    Gerry Lyons #607
                    http://www.37ul.com/
                    http://flatheadownersgroup.com/

Comment

Or as the told us in boot camp, "Don't forget to duck"!
                      Lonnie Campbell #9908
                      South Cackalackey, U.S. of A.

Come see us at the Tenth Annual AMCA Southern National Meet - May 17-19, 2019 at Denton FarmPark, Denton, N.C.

Visit the website for vendor and visitor information at www.amcasouthernnationalmeet.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                        Casting code information is often discussed at www.caimag.com/forum
                        It will all be in the new Palmer book too.
                        Chris, any idea when the book will be available? Happen to know the title of the new publication?
                        Thanks in advance for any info.

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                        Bruce is compiling a new edition with much more info, and updated and corrected old info. Not sure when it will appear though.
                        Robbie, this is like staring at a steak through the butchers window only to find out "not for sale'!!
                        Last edited by ricmoran; 02-07-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Robbie, this is like staring at a steak through the butchers window only to find out "not for sale'!!
                          So that is when you go out and hunt down your own steak.
                          At www.hydra-glide.com there is a heap of info on casting codes. The member "speeding big twin" has amassed a lot of information and is very willing to share it. Check it out.
                          Robbie
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Eh well yesterday might have been a bad day . Chris, you have helped me out a few times , I might have taken your statement to heart when I should have just brushed it off I do know that answering a question over and over can be a pain I guess I was wondering why you just didn't pass the post up and let someone else give me info. Now that I know how to resource old information, ( or I think I do anyway ) I will be definitely more selective in my questions. I do intend to be a member of the AMCA for as long as I can form coherent thoughts . Sarge thanks for taking the time to explain how to access the old info I'm already pretty excited about what I can find. How far back time wise does these old searches go ie. when did this web site open up the forum. ANYWAYS I usually have thicker skin but...... Every once in a while I have a bad day. When it comes to technical data I think We can learn something from just about everybody. And I absolutely want to know the correct answers for all questions I ask so I really appreciate it when you direct me to other websites that have the correct answers. FNA

Comment

Originally posted by Rub View Post
                              So that is when you go out and hunt down your own steak.
                              At www.hydra-glide.com there is a heap of info on casting codes. The member "speeding big twin" has amassed a lot of information and is very willing to share it. Check it out.
                              Robbie
                              Hunt for a steak? Naaaa, head to Ruth Chris!! Thanks for the info Robbie, I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
                              X