linkert choke lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linkert choke lever

Im having difficulty with a 1947 fl choke lever and connecting lever rod. The lever I have always used on panheads does not seem to clear the manifold suitably to work the choke. Was the lever and rod a different than on pan head years? Does anyone have a picture of the correct lever 27236-38? The Vtwin rod remake for 1947 shows a shorter rod, which I am using...is this correct?

The last few words in your post said it all. V-Twin. As far as I know that rod has always been the same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not formed properly. Bob L
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

I purchased two of the V-Twin Linkert choke Rods - one for my '47 FL and one for my '53 FLE. I know, like and respect Ted and what he's accomplished. I also know that he is making efforts to improve some of his remanufactured parts that apply to our antique bikes. Unfortunately the choke rods are still incorrect. I ended up making my own.
      Bill Pedalino
      Huntington, New York
      AMCA 6755

Comment

Hello the 1951 harley parts book shows 2 different parts numbers for the choke rod. 27244-40 air intake rod lever 1941-47 ohv and 27244-48 1948-51 intake rod lever. one i think is longer maybe some one knows the length of either or both

Comment

I'm not my parts book right now, but unless I'm wrong(and if memory still serves me), thre distance from the choker lever on the manifold to the carburator chole linkage on the body is the same for all panheads and knuckleheads using the linkert M-type body. I'm also quite certain that the lever on the msanifold did not change. If this it true, then the choke rod length should be the same for Panheads and Knucklheads. Again - someone (Bob Luland??) please correct this if I'm inaccurate.
          Bill Pedalino
          Huntington, New York
          AMCA 6755

Comment

Nope, Loyd nailed it, there are two differant rods. Doesn't mean ones longer than the other or just a differant bend? Bob L
            AMCA #3149
            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Did knucks have the insulating block between the card and manifold? This could be the reason for the different rod lenghts.

Comment

Tim yes you are correct part number 27411-40 insulating gasket 2 used 1940-51 part number24712-48 one used 1948-51 also is the distance between choke lever mounts the same to carb.on knuckle and pan ?

Comment

I believe I have a knucklehead choke lever. The second picture is a 47EL.

AMCA 26656

47EL
                  47WL

Comment

Working...
                  X