HELP PLEASE '47 Wiring HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP PLEASE '47 Wiring HELP PLEASE

Okay I know before I get started this is a no, no for many of you guys, but I am working on getting together what I have. The 47 I purchased last year was set up with a 12 volt model 65A generator. I have a repo frame and a repo wiring harness for a 6 volt system. Now that I am putting stuff together, I am finding out connections aren't matching up, dah! I put a Bosch regulator, that came off the old hard tail frame mounted to the front motor mount bolts and have run the battery wire from the switch to the battery terminal on the regulator. I ran the green wire coming from the switch to the armature terminal on the generator and then a jumper from the armature terminal on the generator to the D+ terminal on the regulator. Then from the field terminal on the generator a jumper to the DF terminal on the regulator. What I have left is the black wire coming down from the dash plate junction terminal (#7 on the wiring diagram that came with the harness) which is the same junction terminal the GEN light wire is connected to also.

Where do I put this black wire as it is run do to the generator area on this harness??? On the stock 6 volt set up it would have gone to one of the terminals on the cut out relay. I am not good at all with electric theory, but I am thinking this is the idiot light circuit? Can someone give me some help with this problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Jonathan

First off I want to thank you all for checking out my post! Even though I received no replies I have found the answer to my question. If any of you would like to know the answer is I can run the black wire to one of two places. First place is the tab on the Bosch regulator labeled "61". This tab or ear is for the generator light on this type application. The second choice is to run the black wire to the armature side of the generator.

Thanks again for your time and willingness to at least take a look at my problem.

(Guess I won't be running this bike through a national judging any time soon. . . .)

Jonathan

Comment

Working...
    X