Buddy Seat Alternative 42 EL with Solo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buddy Seat Alternative 42 EL with Solo

I really prefer to ride alone, BUT I do like the company of my gf. There are times when we are going to take a short ride somewhere and it would be very nice to ride together. My current setup is a deluxe solo seat. I do have the rear crash bar on this bike as well. I also have one of those luggage racks. My gf is not that tall, 5'3".

I don't own a buddy seat and can't justify eBay, but, since it will not be a regular or long distance thing with my passenger, I am searching for ideas on perhaps fabricating, (unless there is something already created) a rear seat pad that perhaps attaches one end to the crash bar area under my solo seat and the other end to my luggage rack with some ample padding.... or am I looking at this all wrong? Anyone have an idea or remember what they did 40 to 70 years ago?

IMG-20120619-00250.jpg IMG-20120619-00249.jpg
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

Bob This is a reproduction tandem seat that I put on my 1941 FL about 4 years ago. My wife loves it. I got it from Janus Naperiala for $650. It is made I think in Sweden.

I can take more pictures if you want.

Jerry

Comment

Nice, where do her feet sit? oh and yes a close up would be great
      Bob Beatty
      AMCA 19209

Comment

Bob I took a XL Sportster foot peg bracket and turned it left for right, widened it and then built a spacer to raise it about 3 inches and mounted it to the rear transmission plate bolts.

Give me a day or two for pictures.

Jerry

Comment

Sorry for such a late responce. It looks great. Thanks for showing me. I am still not certain what I am going to do but it gives me ideas.
          Bob Beatty
          AMCA 19209

Comment

Working...
          X