Tool Box Identification and mounting help please - Thumb Screw Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Box Identification and mounting help please - Thumb Screw Style

I am stuck, I have researched, looked at photos and bikes and can't seem to find answers to my questions, any help would be appreciated.

I am attaching photos of my tool box. It has the "thumb screw" which I am fairly certain was not available for my year. (1942 EL)
    In addition the box is mounted low which I am certain is not correct for my year, in the photos you can see the "chrome" mounting bracket.
    The one thing I know for certain is that the box is authentic and in pristine condition, though a few light scratches, in the photo you can also see the spacer which is just mounted for storage inside the tool box as it was not being used on my bike when I got it.

My questions are this:
    1. Was this thumb screw lock style available for 1942 ?
    2. Is the mounting bracket I have similar to the correct bracket to mount this box in the correct position?
    3. Was the spacer piece used to attache to the fender itself? (My fender does not have a hole and I imagine its a re-pop type)
    4. Does anyone have any detailed photos for mounting the toolbox?

P1020760.jpgP1020762.jpgP1020767.jpgP1020769.jpgP1020770.jpg
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

extra photos I spoke about

P1020768.jpgP1020767.jpgP1020765.jpg
    Bob Beatty
    AMCA 19209

Comment

Bob,
      That tool box with the thumb screw and ribbed cover is for '55-'57 models.
      The chrome bracket is the same basic one as stock.
      The spacer goes between the box and the fender.
      The hole will need to be drilled in the fender. Don't get too worried about exactly where as it varies on stock fenders. They appear to have been drilled to match the box.
      It belongs high unless your bike is a police unit radio equipped.
      Robbie
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie, thank you very much that is exactly what I needed to know.
        Bob Beatty
        AMCA 19209

Comment

Working...
        X