Clutch Release Fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch Release Fingers

I'm trying to sort out the different fingers used over the years. Clutch release fingers 001.jpgClutch release fingers 002.jpg My computor keeps stalling out on me today. I think the applications are as follows, left to right. The first finger is RL/WL to 39, second finger36/37Big Twin (not VL) third and forth fingers are my question, is one or both correct for 38? The 3rd finger is more like the 36-37, but is wider and has relief machined in to clear the 38 bearing, the 4th is more like 39 and later. Fifth is the common 1939 into the shovelhead era, sixth is last of the heavy throwout bearing fingers before they went to the little sandwich bearing.
    Last edited by koanes; 02-13-2012, 08:33 AM.
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Bruce Palmers book says the 38 forks are 5/8ths, but both of what I consider to be pre 39 forks are the same 3/4. There must be yet another version out there. After a little fooling around it looks like the 39 and up finger will work with the 38 bearing. The pre 39 kick covers are not relieved for the large 39 up bearing I didn't want to modify the original early covers. It looks like the bosses for the shaft bushings are in the same location, so it's just a matter of moving the bushings for proper spacing for the 39 parts. Good thing about having these conversations with myself as the only participant, nobody argues or disagrees with me. Anyone have an NOS 38 bearing to sell?
    Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

I have several NOS '38 throwout brngs 4sale

Comment

See other people will talk to you....you just have to pay them ........
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Thanks Louie, For the chuckle and the good idea. I'll just begin my inquizitive posts with REWARD OFFERED FOR INFORMATION....!
          Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Working...
          X