Knuck on ebay **** drilled out numbers*****

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuck on ebay **** drilled out numbers*****

I don't know if the seller hd39man is a member here but he has a 1946 FL basket on ebay (listed as of 12-13-11). States that the left case was stolen years ago and the bike now comes with a "replacement" left case that has had the numbers drilled out..... The seller seems to be encouraging the new owner to re-stamp the cases themselve. Seller emailed me this when I asked about the drilled out numbers:

"Yes, the numbers have been drilled. On a antique this is not a big deal. You can buy the correct number stamp dies on the internet. There is a person in CA that sells them, he has had them on Ebay several times. This is for antique use ONLY and I do have the Kansas title in my name with the correct 46 fl number. In a situation where the left side is distorted or stolen this would your only option."

I am in no way associated with the seller and I have no interest in causing problems BUT, in light of all the discussion there has been on this and other forums about "numbers jobs" as well as recently stolen bikes being parted out I thought at least this should not be ignored. It has always been my understanding that re-stamping was never acceptable, at least legally.
    I'll retract this post if anyone is offended.
    MC
    Mike Carver
    AMCA #3349

Here Mike!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...item20c0203579
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

hello mike the so called knuckle looks like what it is. buyer beware.could be another one with 20,000.00-25,000.00 invested.worth 4,000.00. alot people get turned off by this hobby this is a good example why. buyer beware. thank you

Comment

Working...
      X