1915 11F - Painted or Plated

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MikeW
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2015
    • 149

    #31
    Hello Chuck

    I've come late to this thread and my knowledge of 1915 pocket valve twins is sparse to say the least. However, a few years ago I downloaded, from the now sadly defunct John Pierce Colorwrite website, about 20 images of the H-D Archives 1915 model. (I note from an earlier post that Eric might have done the same.) I did this to help a friend, also based in New Zealand, who was restoring a 1915 from parts collected from far and wide. The H-D museum example is probably an early restoration rather than an original paint machine, and there is no guarantee as to its accuracy. However, if the photos are of any interest to you, send me a PM and I can send them to you - in several emails if the file sizes are large. Here are two of the photos to give you an idea of their usefulness - or not.
    ​
    ​
    ​
    Last edited by MikeW; 06-07-2025, 12:20 AM.

    Comment

    • wallaman
      Member
      • Jul 2020
      • 79

      #32
      Mike,
      Apologies for the delayed response and appreciate the offer of your pics. Been away for the last week or so... At this point the frame, forks, wheels, etc. are already pin striped, so no going back. Will post some progress pics when I have a chance.

      Comment

      • wallaman
        Member
        • Jul 2020
        • 79

        #33
        All,
        First, I wanted to say thanks to everyone that gave input over the years on my '15 project. I finally got it finished up! A special thanks to Bruce Linsday for the motor work, Ken Huxley for the paint, and Billy Balcer (Strange Bird Manufacturing) for some of the detail bits! And believe it or not, ALL the pinstriping - frame, tank, fenders, tool box - is by hand! Maybe a bit over-restored, but once I got started...

        Chuck S. (Wallaman!)

        IMG_5567.jpg

        IMG_5581.jpg

        IMG_5570.jpg

        IMG_5588.jpg


        Comment

        • wallaman
          Member
          • Jul 2020
          • 79

          #34
          And a couple more pics...

          IMG_5571.jpg

          IMG_5575.jpg

          IMG_5598.jpg

          IMG_5597.jpg

          Comment

          • joe fxs fxr
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2020
            • 694

            #35
            Wow! Outstanding!
            AMCA #41287
            1971 Sprint SS350 project
            1972 FX Boattail Night Train
            1972 Sportster project
            1973 HD Golf Cart project
            1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
            1989 Springer Softail project
            1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
            96" Evo Softail self built chopper
            2020 Heritage Classic 114
            plus 15 other bikes over the years...

            Comment

            Working...