1916 J frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1916 J frame

I am looking for a frame for my 1916 J motor. I would be happy with any frame 1917-24

thank you
    Last edited by montij; 03-01-2024, 07:53 PM.
    Justin Monti
    AMCA #43973

Found a 1916 frame, need everything else now besides motor.
    Attached Files
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Justin Monti
    AMCA #43973

Comment

I can help you fill in those voids.
      message me.
      Mark Masa
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Congratulations, Justin. Beautiful '16 frame. I found my '16 frame at the first Jefferson meet many years ago. That was a huge weight off my shoulders when I found that rare collection of rusted tubing

IMG_0345.JPG
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          Congratulations, Justin. Beautiful '16 frame. I found my '16 frame at the first Jefferson meet many years ago. That was a huge weight off my shoulders when I found that rare collection of rusted tubing

IMG_0345.JPG
          Thank you. Nice machine you have. I couldn’t believe when this turned up in a Barn here in Canada. Now it seems I will be able to build a complete bike.
          Justin Monti
          AMCA #43973

Comment

Justin, that's great you found a frame, glad you're moving forward.
            Bob Rice #6738

Comment

16 j harley.jpg You are on your way, Justin, and the frame is a big hurdle, and the foundation for everything else. As your needs arise, I can help you with a few parts I still have from my '16, but I did let a lot of my '15, and '16 parts go away. I think it would be wise to accept, and integrate parts from '15 and later Js that will help your project progress. You can always sell incongruous vintage J parts (always a big market) when you find the correct '16 parts to replace them. I think it is fantastic that a motivated enthusiast, like yourself can still find Harley-Davidson parts that are 108 years old, so I'm pulling for you and hope that this continues to be a fun, and rewarding project for you.

The picture is of my '16 (taken from the roof of my shop) in 2006. I went everywhere to find those parts, and when I look at this picture I can remember who and where I got many of those parts from. Enjoy the process, and journey, and make sure you document everything because you will get the most pleasure from that personal effort.
              Last edited by exeric; 05-23-2024, 04:34 PM.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
                Justin, that's great you found a frame, glad you're moving forward.
                Thanks for the motor I’ve collected all the missing parts for it.
                Justin Monti
                AMCA #43973

Comment

Working...
                X