25-29 4speed JD transmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25-29 4speed JD transmission

I’m currently building a 26 JD transmission with the 4 speed gear set from 36 transmission. My question is will the 26-29 clutch pac work on the VL main shaft.I know it’s.125 longer. Thanks

Originally posted by 34VLRay View Post
    I’m currently building a 26 JD transmission with the 4 speed gear set from 36 transmission. My question is will the 26-29 clutch pac work on the VL main shaft.I know it’s.125 longer. Thanks
    Yes 1926 mainshaft should be the same length as a 1936.I think that 1926 has the bushing soldered to the shaft and 1936 has the bushing pressed into high gear. Jerry

Comment

Let me know how it goes. That must be the VL four speed not the knuck one. There will be quite a bit of work relieving inside the gearbox case and altering the stud pattern for the 4-speed lid.

Comment

Thanks Jerry. To Steve ,I’m way beyond what you ever did with the VL 4 speeds. The JD version will be on Display at Oley for anyone interested. Ray

Comment

I'll be there Ray, Stand 28 again by the little garage. Please make sure to show me.

Comment

Working...
          X