WTB Axle and Cones

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • knuckleheadtim
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 141

    #1

    WTB Axle and Cones

    I'm looking for a rear axle and cones for a L1919-1920 J as shown in this picture:

    Capture.PNG
  • PaulCDF
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2019
    • 1410

    #2
    Custom Work | The Good Old Motorcycle Parts Company???

    Comment

    • Rubone
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2004
      • 4775

      #3
      Have you tried Competition Distributing?
      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

      Comment

      • knuckleheadtim
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 141

        #4
        Tried them all..

        Comment

        • exeric
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2005
          • 6003

          #5
          There is enough room in the post 1916 Harley-Davidson rear hub to fabricate an adapter sleeve, or machine for a modern double row thrust bearing and replicate the outer shields to maintain the look. I have had early assembled bearing hubs loosen, and fail so I am very wary of them.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

          Comment

          • whp
            New Member
            • Nov 2015
            • 26

            #6
            I agree Eric, I've converted a few of these earlier hubs to sealed bearings. The later ones (22 and on) are finicky with shims so I like converting those as well. If you have the hub plates that keep the bearing felt in and build those into the design you'd never even know! I can send you an engineering drawing of how I do it if you're interested.

            Comment

            Working...