Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1924 JD Rod Positioning

Hi Again,
    Sorry for all the questions but I want to try and get this right the first time. The manual I have is the United States Army Training Manual No. 58. It's better than nothing but leaves a lot to be desired. When assembling the flywheels it says to position the "yoked" rod towards the front of the motor. Is the "yoked" rod the forked rod? Should the forked rod face forward?

So assuming I get the flywheels assembled, the next task is to install them into the engine cases. It seems there is a thrust washer only on the sprocket shaft side of the flywheel assembly. The parts book I have lists only one part number for this washer. So....
    1. Are these washers available in different thicknesses to adjust the flywheel end play in the cases? If so where can these be purchased?
    2. Is it correct that the pinion shaft side of the flywheel assembly has no thrust washer? If so then is it correct that there is nothing between the pinion shaft side of the flywheel and the shaft bushing in the engine case?

As always I really appreciate the help!

Steve Slaminko
Working...
X