Harley J 61 inch Exhaust Valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley J 61 inch Exhaust Valves

Hello folks, some of you may know that I need new valves with oversize stems for my 20F.

I have been looking at options and have ruled out new valves from a well known J & JD supplier due to quality concerns.

There are some valves for various diggers that I could modify but that would leave the stem needed to be surface treated if it is to be used in iron guides. Therefore I have looked at getting some valves made.

The short story is that the first 2 valves are quite expensive but then the price drops off a cliff for subsequent valves.

This may be more of interest to my UK and European colleagues but does anyone else want any exhaust valves for a 61" J or F?

Thanks

John

John

I have replaced my whole top end on a 27J with new from JD Jugs including the valves, I think the old ones where ok, give me a call on 07967561743 (Portsmouth England) regards Chris

Comment

Reference valve guides look on Antiquebike web site (no additional vat from Europe !)

Comment

Re: Harley J 61 inch Exhaust Valves

Chris, thanks for the reply. The valves that I have are fine, its the guides that are shot. The standard valves have 0.310" stems and so I was after oversize stems so I could ream out the old guides to suit.

Are your old valves standard stems or oversize?

I have probably changed plans now following some comments on the Yahoo group and I think I will be modifying the guides to take replaceable guides.

John

Comment

Working...
        X