Control Sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Sleeves

Thanks for all the help to date from Forum members.

I've fitted the handlebar spirals on my 21F restoration, including turning up a couple of new rollers and fabricating a new pin from 1/4 inch ground steel. I've fitted the control coils and piano wire inserts and, though a trifle stiff, both the magneto and throttle controls seem to work OK. I've now gone to the parts box for magneto and throttle control sleeves.

Magneto sleeves are fine. I have a couple in good condition with strong threads. One is in the attached photos.

Carburetor control sleeves are a mystery. I have two, as in the photos. One is significantly longer, and the cast head has more "meat" on it than the smaller one. My first thought was that an earlier home mechanic had shortened one of them to the same length as the magneto sleeve in the photo. But if so he has made a tidy job of it. My parts books haven't helped. Nor has poring over photos with a magnifying glass!

Can someone out there tell me what I have got, and which throttle sleeve is correct for my 21F?

Control Sleeves 002 (640x480).jpgControl Sleeves 003 (800x600).jpg
Working...
X