Peashooters from Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Rob;
    Thanks to you as well! I really appreciate everybodies help! The TT on ebay was also discussed at length with some Peashooter owners and Australian (in my opinion) expert on the old races.The seller sent me about 30 photo's last night. (Anybody who wants them, just let me know and I'll post or send them). And it too belongs to the not quite what it seems category. Most likely an AA or BAF. Has a gx-4 shebler and ba1f mag, which were standard on the AA and BAF export sport solo models and several other details. Not too certain about the boss and numbers without being able to measure/compare its height to the ribbing on the cases. Boss should be the same height. But, as we all know, number and letter stamps are pretty easy to come by. Even a neophyte like me can obtain them readily, and locally to boot! I have it on my watch list just to see where it goes in price. Not that I really care what they are worth, I seem to have no trouble peeing away money on my own project(s), but curious to see what it fetches.
    I am new to old iron, certainly not to motorcycles. Untill recently, all crotch rockets on a short straight line! But I have been paying rapt attention to a great deal of posts wether they concern single or not. Knowledge is NEVER a bad thing, it is usually free, so you may as well get what you can!
    Regards;
    Milrite
    AMCA 17907

Comment

Originally posted by Milrite View Post
      If there is one thing that I learned here for sure, it is "do not defile original parts for any reason". Doubly so for original paint!!!
      WELL SAID!!!!

Milwrite!!!

There's gotta be somebody handy in that province of yours that has a peashooter!!!! It's good to hear that your developing a severe addiction to "old" stuff... Join the crowd man! Prospectin' in B.C. eh? Yeah, many a soul has combed through the rivers and creeks searching for color. I do definitely enjoy B.C. My Dad spent most of his working career as a millwright by trade and we hopped all over this province!!! It must have been a contributor to my wandering ways and I get out exploring as often as possible!

The only fella that I know in Ontario with an opposed twin H-D is Tom Wilcock (there very well could be others). His bike was featured in the last issue of the club mag. He does post here occasionally and definitely knows a thing or two about old motorsickles!

The pictures of the peashooter that you posted are great! It's got a real soulful look and I'm really digging the rear-stand!!!

Keep us posted and maybe those of us without Peashooters can keep an eye open for parts for ya!!!
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
      X