Help ID this 28 single

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID this 28 single

I have had this for 15 years and decided it was time to restore it. I am new to classic motorcycles, and since I rediscovered it a few days ago I have been trying to get informationProblem is, I don't really know what it actually is, other than it is a single, with a factory racing head. Before I turn a bolt or start aquiring parts, I need to know what it is! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Regards;
    Milrite
    AMCA 17907

Milrite,
    private message me here,do you have photos of front cover,belly numbers,I can help you sort this out.
    Ken S., # 6457
    1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
    1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

I do not think that it is a racing head. The twin port heads were also used on Export twin-port OHV Singles like 1926-27 BAE and 1928-30 BAF. These lowproduction models had footpegs and short bars and many were raced overseas. The serial number is not original Harley, but the case is of 1926-28 design. Have you got the rest of the bike, too?
      Regards Fiskis
      AMCA #2124

Comment

Thanks for the info! It makes sense that it maybe an export, I am in Canada and picked it up locally quite awhile ago. I posted pictures of all I have *To Date* in the Members Albums, under Milrite. I have a few linkages that are not shown. So I have the motor, carb, tranny, kick start and high hopes of finding enough parts to put this thing together!
        Regards;
        Milrite
        AMCA 17907

Comment

I looked at your pictures in your album and commented them. You have some nice rare pieces there. It is interesting that you have found the parts in Canada. It is of course a foreign country from the States perspective. Sofar I have only come across 1926-27 AAE-BAE and 1928-30 AAF-BAF specimens in Australia, NZ and Europe.
          Regards
          Fiskis
          AMCA #2124

Comment

Working...
          X