Pocketvalve 74" cylinders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocketvalve 74" cylinders?

I have been riding my old 1926 1000cc Harley for over 15 yars all year around in Sweden. Now i want to rebuild the engine to 1200cc (74") and asking you guys if you can help me finding 1200cc (74") cylinders ,flywheels and rods?

I have some 1000cc (61") cylinders for sale or barter.

I bought the bike with sidecar from the son of the first owner what raced this bike until the late fifties north of Stockholm, the side car frame are 7" lovered and the bike with sidecar has perfect balance in curves. Now i have added 4 speed gear box, what gives amazing tourque and speed, and a stronger back wheel with disc brakes.

Lars Andersson
    Email: lars@polyscorp.se
    Phone: +46 8 464 90 34

My Website: www.valand.com/harley
    Last edited by Valand; 08-02-2010, 02:36 PM. Reason: More information of the bike
    S . A . T . C . A
    Sweden Antique Twin Cam Association
    AMCA: 17582

Replica cylinder

Hello Lars,

You dont have finished to made reproduced cylinder ?
    http://www.harley-memories.com
    http://harley8valves.wordpress.com/
    AMCA Membership#5701

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
      Hello Lars,

You dont have finished to made reproduced cylinder ?
      Hi Eric,

Yes the first set of cylinders are in casting work shop now and will probably be casted the nearest weeks. But this first pair will be for evaluation of quality and for preparation of fixtures and tools. This means i will not have any cylinders for actual testing in one engine before next generation of casting. Hopefully this coming spring.

The reason im now searching for a 74" cylinders are this, i did renew my old 61" pocketvalve, as in the image, with a 61" cylinders with 80" flat head pistons, this was a big chansing from my part, but i wanted to test the limit of how much i can bore a 61" cylinder. The combination with the 4 speed gear box was amazing. The low rpm tourque was wonderful and the bike did run as never before. Unforternatly, and allreddy in the equation, the cylinders cracked in the end of the new bore. But im now hooked to this way running this engine so i must get a new pairs of 74" cylinders qickly, before the engine gets cold. *lol*

I must comment one more thing about this composition of the pocket valve engine. I was very carefull to get the engine tight and with no leaks what ever in piston ríngs or valves. And this in combination with the 80" pistons gave a totally new effect and character of the engine, i have been riding many differnt size and models of Harley flat heads, but this engine was worse then all concerning torque. I have never before got that effect out of one pocket valve. At the same time it allmoust got the same fast rpm as a pan head. Amazing is my only comment, no one more and that is ADDICTED!!!

I will report of the development and experiences from this experiment here as soon it happends.

During the time you can hear the 4th speed come into action at http://www.youtube.com/user/valands#p/a/u/0/Q5UdGuimiZQ

Have a nice ride ....

Valand
      Last edited by Valand; 08-02-2010, 05:53 PM. Reason: Spellings
      S . A . T . C . A

Comment

Move this thread to Wanted

Sorry, im new here and recoginze that i may have wrote this under the wrong part in the forum. Can some one move it to "Wanted" insted?

Sorry for mixing it up . . .

Valand
        Last edited by Valand; 08-02-2010, 06:02 PM. Reason: spelling
        S . A . T . C . A

Comment

JD Cylinders

Hello, Find 28-29 2cam cylinders, they are thicker. So far we have taken them out to 3.5 inches with great success, The only problem is, they are so rare & expensive it is a shame to bore them out that far. Don't want to piss off the Motorcycle Gods. Good Luck ! Big Jesus 151 Pusherman Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Valand View Post
            I have been riding my old 1926 1000cc Harley for over 15 yars all year around in Sweden. Now i want to rebuild the engine to 1200cc (74") and asking you guys if you can help me finding 1200cc (74") cylinders ,flywheels and rods?

I have some 1000cc (61") cylinders for sale or barter.

I bought the bike with sidecar from the son of the first owner what raced this bike until the late fifties north of Stockholm, the side car frame are 7" lovered and the bike with sidecar has perfect balance in curves. Now i have added 4 speed gear box, what gives amazing tourque and speed, and a stronger back wheel with disc brakes.

Lars Andersson
            Email: lars@polyscorp.se
            Phone: +46 8 464 90 34

My Website: www.valand.com/harley
            I like your machine a lot. Only one question: Where's the rear fender?
            Herbert Wagner
            AMCA 4634
            =======
            The TRUE beginnings of the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

Comment

The rear fender?

The picture was taken after first test run. If you want to see it with a rear fender, please visit http://thepowerslidingsidecar.blogspot.com/.

Have a nice day . . .

Valand
              S . A . T . C . A

Comment

Lars, you probably know Micke in Forshaga. He said that he can resleeve F-head cylinders and remake the lower part and base with thicker material.

Hälsningar
                Fiskis
                AMCA #2124

Comment

Working...
                X