'29 DAR racer......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '29 DAR racer......

O.K. we've all seen the photos of Dale's racer at Wauseon. Did anybody get the skinny on that machine? I've been infatuated with that bike since I seen the pics!
    Cory Othen
    Membership#10953

check his web site he has some vids and small story it will be part of his history channel show.
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Thanks Rob.. I do check Dales' web-site quite often and have read the small write-up on Wauseon but have not found footage or any detailed info on that machine.
      Cory Othen
      Membership#10953

Comment

I overheard matt at wauseon saying it was the only one still in its racing form, and was one of ( if I remember correctly ) one of about 25 ever built. and along the lines the frame was in one state when found with a different motor and the motor was in another state, (name of that owner excapes me this early in morning ) but they had a heck of a time trying to pry out of his hands. possible name is john parnham of J&P cycles but could be mistaken

not much more I remember as I just overheard a partial comversation while matt was explaining, and wauseon was a great meet and I heard so many great things

aka HAWG
        1914 EXCELSIOR BELT DRIVE SINGLE
        1914 excelsior belt drive single carcuss
        1940 indian chief military
        1965 sportster xlch
        1969 sportster xlch bobber
        1971 bsa A65 chopper
        1969 harley ss350 sprint
        1960 harley topper
        1963 harley topper
        H model whizzer on cheiftain bicycle
        H model whizzer on schwinn bicycle
        1949 harley model 125 bobber project
        1959 harley model 165
        1960 harley super 10
        1974 indian 70cc dirt bike
        EXCELSIOR - ALWAYS MAKES GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by aka HAWG View Post
          I overheard matt at wauseon saying it was the only one still in its racing form, and was one of ( if I remember correctly ) one of about 25 ever built. and along the lines the frame was in one state when found with a different motor and the motor was in another state, (name of that owner excapes me this early in morning ) but they had a heck of a time trying to pry out of his hands. possible name is john parnham of J&P cycles but could be mistaken

not much more I remember as I just overheard a partial comversation while matt was explaining, and wauseon was a great meet and I heard so many great things

aka HAWG
          Thanks for the insight..... I'm always interested on how these old bikes are found.......
          Cory Othen
          Membership#10953

Comment

Working...
          X