1929 Jdl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ken,
    Fine thanks, the work on the Single Assembly Line has been stalled for the nuisance called work, that always seem to interfer with our hobby. And chatting. The other alternative when work does not interfere is that lack of money makes trouble!

A couple of Single freaks from around the world has formed a group for their odd bikes. I'll let you in, if you like, Ken.

Regards Fiskis
    AMCA #2124

Comment

Originally posted by Fiskis View Post
      Anybody has a clue for the funny JDF.
      From http://www.techsweb.us/hdvin2029.html

Model 28F - twin-chain drive, magneto ignition, 8.68 HP, 60.34 c.i., number preceded by 28F, three speed, iron alloy pistons
      Model 28FD - twin-chain drive, magneto ignition, 9.5 HP, 74 c.i., number preceded by 28FD, three speed, iron alloy pistons
      Model 28J - twin-chain drive, generator, 8.68 HP, 60.34 c.i., number preceded by 28J, three speed, iron alloy pistons
      Model 28JD - twin-chain drive, generator, 9.5 HP, 74 c.i., number preceded by 28JD, three speed, iron alloy pistons
      Model 28JXL - twin-chain drive, generator, 8.68 HP, 60.34 c.i., number preceded by 28JXL, three speed, Dow metal pistons
      Model 28JDXL - twin-chain drive, generator, 9.5 HP, 74 c.i., number preceded by 28JDXL, three speed, Dow metal pistons
      Model 28JH - twin-chain drive, two cams, generator, 8.68 HP, 60.34 c.i., number preceded by 28JH, three speed, Dow metal pistons
      Model 28JDH - twin-chain drive, two cams, generator, 9.5 HP, 74 c.i., number preceded by 28JDH, three speed, iron alloy pistons

You might ask for a photograph of the serial number. ...bill in oregon
      Bill Gilbert in Oregon

Comment

singles group

Hello Fiskis,
        I'll throw my hat in the ring!,sign me up,always willing to learn more !
        You still have my e-mail address?
        Thanks
        Ken S., # 6457
        1926- H-D BAF-Peashooter
        1954-H-D Panhead

Comment

Originally posted by 23JDCA 808 View Post
          From http://www.techsweb.us/hdvin2029.html
          pistons

You might ask for a photograph of the serial number. ...bill in oregon

Hi,

Yes, I have the photo, and they don't come any more genuine, these numbers, than this!

Regards
          Fiskis
          AMCA #2124

Comment

Originally posted by milw.pirates View Post
            Hello Fiskis,
            I'll throw my hat in the ring!,sign me up,always willing to learn more !
            You still have my e-mail address?
            Thanks
            You are in the Single Clan. Mailed you a minute ago.

Fiskis
            AMCA #2124

Comment

Dear all F -head freaks,
              I have and race a 1929 JDL. As far as I understand the JDL is simply a "Special Sport Solo" type model with a little more compression. I have seen many 1928 and 1929 JDL cases. I have read all kinds of things saying they also had the narrow JDH type tanks etc... but I'm not sure what is correct. Anywhow here is a picture of my bike which is set up as a european road racer with brakes etc... (yes I know it should have clincher rims etc... but I like this bike the way it is).
              Eric

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
              Eric MATHIEU @ Beauty of Speed
              www.beautyofspeed.com
              :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Comment

Working...
              X