Magneto rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magneto rebuild

I have a 1920 Bosch BA2 180 degree mag I need to get repaired. It has been rebuilt twice in the last 5 years by an "expert" that I won't mention by name. I am looking for someone else! Please let me know who you use, thanks.

No one out there with a magneto bike? Do you all build them yourselfs?

Comment

I've had a couple Bosch magnetos rebuilt for my BMWs. It was expensive and I had the work done in Europe. Check out the links for BMZ and Hans Radstaak over at the Vintage BMW website.

BMZ sells parts for magnetos, so you might be able to find what you need there and do the work yourself.

Another BMW owner I know had his Bosch magneto repaired by Johnny Eagles in Orange County, CA. He was very happy with the work. I don't have an a phone/address for him, unfortunately, but he's a well known name and someone must know it.

Comment

Have you spoken with Rocky Mountain Chapter Gene Harper?

Comment

Ed Strain, Inc. advertises in our quarterly magazine. p.81 ...bill

Comment

Thanks for the reply's. I bought a mag gear from Gene years ago but didn't know he worked on mags, thanks.

Comment

Louie try this fellow he is on the edge of the world but does fabulous work and doesnt send you to the poor farm !!! www.mainelymagnetos.com I found out about him froma fellow from Michagan and have been using him and spreading the word about him! fixed a few of my mags, Go figure he was right in my back yard and didnt even know it !!!He and his father have been repairing mags for ever ! !! you will be pleasingly surprised !

Comment

Thanks all for the reply's.

Comment

Working...
                X