Frame Vin Label

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame Vin Label

Will HD reissue a Vin frame label with the correct documentation?

Is this label essential for a correct restoration?
    Any help or experiences with this would be appreciated.
    Bill

What year is it ? Earlier HDs didn't have frame vin numbers. Engine number only for title purposes and registration. Paps

Comment

Paps, it's a 73 FXE( almost an antique!!!) It definately had a label on the frame. It does have matching #s on the frame neck and engine case so I know what I have, but I thought it would be nice to have the label on there..
      Bill

Comment

Some computer cats take a picture of the old label or decal with a digital camera, clean & fix it on the screen and print it.
        Good luck!
        Fiskis

Comment

Thanks Fiskis,
          I may use thart route as a last resort, I know some computer jocks that are real good at that sort of thing.
          I'm going to try to get a hold of someone in HD Archives like Marty Rosenbloom (I think that's the archives director) and see if he can steer me to someone in HD that can help.
          Bill

Comment

I would tend to doubt the factory would re-issue a frame ID tag.
            Assuming they still use a tag that is similar, they would have no control as where this tag would end up.

The tags in use at that time were made of some kind of heavy foil.

Some of the hardware available nowadays for copying a decal is astounding. It is used by museum personnel to recreate squadron
            markings and such for aircraft. I would look into that option.
            VPH-D

Comment

Working...
            X