kick pedal question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kick pedal question

For the '62 and earlier 'bicycle' style pedal the parts book calls out 0254 (7021) lock washer for the 2093-17 (33190-17) pedal rubber rods. Over the past several years I have bought 5 complete oem pedals in different states of condition, every one has an internal #10 lockwasher and not a 0254 style split lockwasher. Is the parts book correct or? Thanks.
    Bob Rice #6738

Dear Bob, there were many changes made to the kicker pedal over the years, and the parts book didn't always keep up. The first year had only one rubber, the end cap didn't come out until 1929, end plates got lower ears around the same time, rubbers had tapered ends up until about 1934, wartime pedals lost the rubbers completely and so on. I too have seen 0356 internal lock washers used on what look to be original pedals, but the knuckle and pan parts books continue to show the 0254 lock washer so I'm assuming any change was after 1957.

Comment

Thanks Steve, appreciate the response.
      Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Every Pan parts book I have shows a split lock washer, not an internal lock type. I think the internal type was in use earlier, perhaps thru the War. I know someone who was dinged a 1/4 point this last season for split lock washers on the pedal nuts on his 50FL.
        vph-d

Comment

Working...
        X