Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 HD shop manual on Craigslist

....ran across this:
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Harry, that manual is for an early 88 cu.in. Twin Cam. Production started in 1999. Perhaps the biggest piece of crap the factory ever produced. Ask the man who owned one or sadly two.

Comment

Ahhhh Lyle, being more familiar with Indians I didn't pick that up, thanks! BUT ...if those twin cams were, dare I say "lemons?", then maybe a $20 shop manual could come in handy to someone?
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

My 03 twin-cam Deuce now has 190,000 + miles and other than changing to gear drive cams at 34,000 has only needed gas, oil, brakes, rotors, and tires. It's the only new Harley-Davidson I ever bought and I've never regretted it. Still ridden almost every day. Unless I'm riding the old stuff of course!..YMMV........Smitty ( PS and 2 carb diaphragms.)

Comment

My 2001 FXDXT was a good bike at 32K I did not want to spend money for the cam tensioner upgrade. I traded it in on a 2010 FLHX, somewhere around 34k it sounded like someone had thrown rocks in the primary and sometimes it did not want to start cold and sometimes it started hard when hot both instances always usually included a very loud backfire, gone. Bought a 2019 Road King, it now has 13k and so far I have not resorted to calling it a Still Walkee Eight.
          Most often I too ride something old, at 34k my 64 Pan is still going strong and I do not believe it has ever been apart. Not pretty but it sure is reliable.

Comment

Working...
          X