HD Speedo Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Speedo Identification

Hi, All ... Got two police speedos I need help identifying. One came off a 65 FL alleged police bike. The second (next post) came off a 53 Servi Car. I have no idea whether either was original to the bike, since both were broken when I got the bikes.

Thanks in advance for any info. The one pictured here is stamped 540AJL8. Has the electro mechanical needle lock clearly visible. No idea if it is 6v or 12v. (I need the latter)

EDIT ... Info on Ruiter.ca website suggests this was 1967 manufacture, if I'm reading it correctly. That would make it correct part, other than year of manufacture, for a 65. Palmer V2 lists a 540 AJ, but doesn't show years it was used, and says it was NOT a police model.(?)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by JSB55; 06-14-2021, 10:10 PM.
    Ride it like you can fix it!

Speedo #2 ... stamped 540ANP2 ... not sure about the "N" as it is blurred. Pretty sure this is the one I pulled from my 53 Servi Car. Hard to see, but there is a smooth plate screwed on where the needle lock would be at the 10 o'clock position when looking at the face.

EDIT ... this one really has me confused. The description in Palmer suggests, from the colors of the odometer and trip odometer numbers, that it is a 53, but the info on Ruiter.ca suggests year of manufacture either 1946 or 1970. Palmer V2 lists a 540AN as used 1968-69 as a Police model. Maybe all Police speedos shared the same face over the years?
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.
    Last edited by JSB55; 06-14-2021, 10:22 PM.
    Ride it like you can fix it!

Comment

Both speedos are 62 and later type...
      VPH-D

Comment

Working...
      X