swingarm rear fender differences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swingarm rear fender differences

On the inside of the rear fender that came off my '68 rebuild there are tabs that are spot-welded over the thin reinforcement tabs where the struts/bag hangers mount. Was looking for a replacement at Oley last weekend, and every piece I looked at did not have the thicker tabs. One I looked at had jam nuts welded in the spots where the tabs are on mine. The parts book calls for 5/16-24 hex nuts in these spots. Anybody know what the proper configuration is? Were the tabs on my fender an early or late afterthought from the factory? They look like they would be OEM considering the manner in which they were attached. Any insight, guidance, help appreciated. Sorry, no pic yet. I keep getting "error uploading image" when I try to insert the pic.

​​​​​​​

Originally posted by Omarttentmaker View Post
    On the inside of the rear fender that came off my '68 rebuild there are tabs that are spot-welded over the thin reinforcement tabs where the struts/bag hangers mount. Was looking for a replacement at Oley last weekend, and every piece I looked at did not have the thicker tabs. One I looked at had jam nuts welded in the spots where the tabs are on mine. The parts book calls for 5/16-24 hex nuts in these spots. Anybody know what the proper configuration is? Were the tabs on my fender an early or late afterthought from the factory? They look like they would be OEM considering the manner in which they were attached. Any insight, guidance, help appreciated. Sorry, no pic yet. I keep getting "error uploading image" when I try to insert the pic.

​​​​​​​
    I do have a pic posted on the Panhead and Flathead site under the shovelhead heading. Still can't seem to post pics here.

Comment

Working...
    X