I need help in identifying some parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help in identifying some parts

I have a couple of NOS clamps that I found in my stash parts that I would like to know what I have here. The first one has one bend sharper than the other and the sharp bend is 1" long, the other is 3/4" long. I included a known NOS 1063-37 (65512-37) clamp as reference in these photos. The second one has the same bend angle and one is 3/4" long, the other is 7/8" long. Both clamps would use a 5/16" bolt.
    Next I have 2 brackets I can't identify. They are 1/4" thick parkerized steel, .850" (27/32") wide have 5/16" hole, are 3" long, and have a 1" offset height.
    Last I have this offset bracket that I think is for a windshield. It is 4 7/8" overall, one leg is 2 7/8", the other is 2 1/4", the holes are 5/16", and it looks like it is parkerized.

Any help you can give would be great.

Thanks, belmont
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.

The third image with the arc shaped brackets are bottom of bumper brackets for big twin -52 bumper. 91032-52
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Rubone, never would have guessed something that heavy duty hanging hidden off the back fender of a panhead. I don't have one of those bumpers of either of my bikes, so thanks for the info. Without part numbers some of these parts really are baffling when paging through a stack of parts books.

belmont

Comment

Originally posted by belmont View Post
        Thanks Rubone, never would have guessed something that heavy duty hanging hidden off the back fender of a panhead. I don't have one of those bumpers of either of my bikes, so thanks for the info. Without part numbers some of these parts really are baffling when paging through a stack of parts books.

belmont
        The bracket is supposed to be a transfer point of rear impact to the rear stand. rear bumper.jpg
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Makes sense now why they are so heavy duty. The rest of that bumper is purely decorative. That also clears up why it wasn't used on Duo-Glides, no rear stand to diffuse the damage.
          See what you learn when you ask questions.

Thanks, Rubone

belmont

Comment

Working...
          X