Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are these for the rigid frame seat post mounted Buddy seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these for the rigid frame seat post mounted Buddy seat?

I stumbled on these in a box of fasteners that I have had since the early 90's. I think they are part of the 52603-36 assembly shown in my older parts books. My 1939 parts book shows pn 13330-36 as having a hole for a cotter pin on the shorter (5/16-24) threaded end and a smaller hex size next to the collar. These are NOS and parkerized like a lot of fasteners from post WW II. They use 3/8 - 24 threads on both ends. My part number cross index shows that 52603-36 would be 13330-36A in the old system.

So am I correct in thinking that these are the post war updated design that were not sold as separate parts, thus not showing up in the new system parts books?

It was always so much easier to bring things like these to a meet and find the answer.

Thanks for any help.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

They appear to me as the studs for the handlebar clamp to allow mounting of the Police radio control head.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks Rubone. It has been 30 years since I had a springer front fork bike. I recall that the clamp bolts for the handlebar were bigger than the 3/8" 24 threads that these studs have. Am I wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by belmont View Post
        Thanks Rubone. It has been 30 years since I had a springer front fork bike. I recall that the clamp bolts for the handlebar were bigger than the 3/8" 24 threads that these studs have. Am I wrong?
        Not Springer, '60 up Big Twin Police. Two piece bar clamp.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks, now it makes sense to me. Any idea when they switched away from parkerized finish?

Comment

Working...
          X