Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

paulc,
    You might try checking for leaks in your intake manifold. I made
    one of Cottons testers for manifold leaks.( pictures and instructions on the virtual indian web site) This thing works great,
    I've used it on my 28 J as well as later flat heads and pans.
    Just a suggestion........Good luck

Comment

Help me with a 1920 Model J

I am still looking for help in starting my Model J. Any info on a Chicago area person who could take a look at my bike and help me start it?

I am thinking of going to Iowa Labor day. What should I expect? Should I trailer the bike and look for info there? Are you allowed to bring in a trailer or do I have to buy a spot to set up in. It would be a waste of space for me, I only have the one bike.

I also have a 1920 thansmision that is in pieces. I think all of the pieces are there. I do not need it. Any intrested parties that need a 1920 Model J transmision. I would be willing to trade for help in starting mine.

Paul

Comment

You will find plenty of help with your machine and loads of fun to boot, at the Davenport meet. Depending on when you arrive, you may have a little trouble finding a place to park near the center of activity. I'd hang on to the trans if I were you, at least until you are certain the one in the bike is in good order.

Comment

Can I borrow yours?

Comment

Working...
          X