29 model d fender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 model d fender

Are model D and JD fenders interchangeable for 1929? Thanks, Rick.

No they are not.
    Mark
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Thank you, what are the chances of locating an original set of fenders for my 29 D?

Comment

'29 DL parts are pretty rare.It would probably be easier to pay someone $$$$$ to make them.I had a pile of '29DL only parts a few years back & the first guy to call took them all.

Comment

I picked up a small boatload of late 20's and early 30's oddball 45 fenders from what I was told.
          Post a photo of what fender you are looking for. 46el

Comment

29 d fenders

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
            I picked up a small boatload of late 20's and early 30's oddball 45 fenders from what I was told.
            Post a photo of what fender you are looking for. 46el
            Here are some photos of a 29 D I found online I’ll have to do some further research to figure out exactly how to identify them. Thanks, Rick.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ricky,
              Keep in mind that all 45s from the '29 D series up had drive chains on the right hand side. All big twins have it on the left. Consequently the chain cutout/relief is on the right side, the offset in the braces is on the right side, and rear chainguard mounts are on the right side, etc.
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Also, this post is in the wrong category. This is 'Hot Sheet' for stolen property.
                Eric Smith
                AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Robbie that will help and thanks Eric I hadn’t noticed, is there any way to change the catagory now?

Comment

Ricky, the only reason it's an issue is for people in the future that may need this information. The search feature here is rather feeble so searching by category, and title seems to be the best way to find something. I'm not trying to make you feel bad, because I've done the same thing
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

If I remember correctly a few months ago a friend took a late (maybe 34-36 FRONT skirted) RL or maybe DL repop fender and took the brace off and used the fender shell to make a knuckle fender? Is that possible? I do know he relocated the springer mount holes up on top of the fender which are wider than the knuckle. I had listed the brace on ebay for him and got no response and gave it back to him. I had no idea what the brace was and did a completed auction search and back then found a few fronts with the same brace. I believe that Walksler was one of the sellers. 46

Comment

Johnny Sells book would be a big help to you, vintagemotorcycleworks.com!

Comment

Funny, the basket 29 I have came with some repop fenders that are for something else and the old brackets were removed . The fenders seem to fit ok but the brackets will not work. I’d really like to have the correct fenders if it’s possible to find some. Yes, I think I need Johnny sells book. Thanks, Rick.

Comment

He might have made a fender to fit a Knucklehead but the profile is decidedly different. Jerry

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
                            If I remember correctly a few months ago a friend took a late (maybe 34-36 FRONT skirted) RL or maybe DL repop fender and took the brace off and used the fender shell to make a knuckle fender? Is that possible? I do know he relocated the springer mount holes up on top of the fender which are wider than the knuckle. I had listed the brace on ebay for him and got no response and gave it back to him. I had no idea what the brace was and did a completed auction search and back then found a few fronts with the same brace. I believe that Walksler was one of the sellers. 46

Comment

Fenders

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
                              Funny, the basket 29 I have came with some repop fenders that are for something else and the old brackets were removed . The fenders seem to fit ok but the brackets will not work. I’d really like to have the correct fenders if it’s possible to find some. Yes, I think I need Johnny sells book. Thanks, Rick.
                              RICKY- It is Saturday afternoon and the guy who looked at the fenders showed me photos and everything I had left is JD and early VL. Sorry I could not help you. 46EL

Comment

Working...
                              X