1915 HD Front Wheel Mystery Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1915 HD Front Wheel Mystery Bracket

I have what I believe is a 1915 HD original front wheel, with an odd bracket on one side of the hub. It fits on the outside diameter of the hub, and clamps on to spokes on both sides. It is Nickel plated. I'm guessing it is some type of speedo bracket, but I have not seen this before, and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. The rim is 23 x 2 3/8, which should be for 28 x 2 1/2 tires. There should be 4 pictures with this post. Thanks, Ken
    Attached Files

HI Ken, 1915 HD wheels are 28 X 3. This is earlyer. That is a Corbin front wheel drive parts. Nice wheel.
    It is the same hub as 1915.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I have a few Corbin large split type drive rings that attach to spokes, but have never had one like this before. The wheel puzzled me a bit because it has a 7/16 axle, which I think started in 1914 or 1915, but I think this size rim was standard only until 1912. Maybe someone used it for some type of competition? I've since given it a mild cleaning of the caked on grease, and the original nickel is surprisingly nice!photo (2).jpg

Comment

Working...
      X