Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tires

What size tires does my JD take with 19" clincher rims?

I don't there are 19" clincher rims. I'm not sure how you are measuring the rim. Harley had for the late JD 3.85X20 clincher and 4.00X18 clincher. Personally I think they look better with the larger 20" clinchers.

Comment

Ok. I feel stupid. How do I tell? Everything I have read calls them 19" wheels.....

Comment

Harley used 19" non-clincher rims on the VL models. I've never read any where about 19" on JD. First tell me what year JD are you working on. Also the diameter of the rim does not include the beads or flanges of the rim. So in other words the diameter is measured on the surface that the tube would sit on. I'm not sure if this makes sense or not.

Comment

Yes it does. My bike is a mix of parts but the motor is a 28. I have two wheels. The rear wheel measures 20" from bead to bead so I guess subtract the thickness of the bead, and the front measures 19" from bead to bead so 1" smaller. Are these going to work for me? Higher profile tire on the front? I am pretty sure the rear is a JD as it has the corbin hub. Not sure what the front is but is the same width as the rear one. Thanks in advanced. I am a mechanical guy and not very savy on wheels.

Comment

Working...
          X