JD rear brake drum and composite type shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD rear brake drum and composite type shoes

is there a supplier for the rear brake drum and composite type shoes available the rear JD models? also for the front.. this brass wire rope is scary stuff. knee cant take to many more Flintstones stops.. have relined both front and rear, ruffed up drums and glued sand paper in front drum to achieve 100% contact. has to be more stopping power than this. dont really matter out on the open roads or in my area but gonna be running in an out of traffic and dont much care to become a statistic. thank you folks .. gary
    gww57.com

i was told to call an elevator repair shop and buy brake lining from them. elevators use a more aggressive brake material. that same person told me to use a sportster clutch cable for my front brake cable. they don't stretch as much as a jd brake cable. also paul at american cycle fab can change your front brake pivot to work better with the alignment of your brake cable. all these are just minor improvements with a small amount of benefits. your bike is not a ducati and will never stop on a dime. i have a jd and will be trying some of these improvements. i live 30 miles north of philadelphia pa. even are stone roads have have traffic jams.
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
    X