Harley JD Dished Rear Wheel Sprockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley JD Dished Rear Wheel Sprockets

OK. I've had a LOT of people calling me looking for a good usable rear sprocket for their 1925-1929 Harley JD. Mostly Cannonball guys but also guys just doing restoration. I'm tossing around the idea of making these in time for the race. I would make the 40 and 44 tooth for sure and maybe also the 48 tooth. I want to take a survey to see who would be interested and in how many and what tooth count people want. I also want to make sure that nobody else is making them. There was a guy selling them on ebay a few years ago, but it looked like he was turning them out of billet and they were quite expensive. I haven't seen them on the bay for years. V-Twin made (had made) some years ago, but they were total crap.
    Lets hear it. Who wants what?

On another Sprocket topic, I just got my material today to make a run of the JD CLUTCH sprocket used on mid 1919 thru 1929. I've made these in the past, but sold out last fall. This is the dished sprocket that rivets to the clutch basket and inner bearing race. They will be done in 2-3 weeks. I have a list of people on a waiting list, but here again, speak up if you want one or more. I'm making 40 of them and about half are already spoken for.

For those of you who don't know, my REAL job is in the machining trade selling metal working tooling. My point is that I know about the proper materials and heat treating required on these parts.
    I do all of my own work on my CNC lathe and mills. I job out heat treating (best left to the professionals), gear and sprocket tooth cutting (I don't have any gear equipment), Plating, and black oxide.

Speak up and convince me to make rear wheel sprockets!

Mark Masa
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Mark I would be interested in one of each. Jerry

Comment

Hi Mark, We are putting together 3 JD's for the Cannonball run. I will talk to the others, I am thinking that we will probably need a couple of each. How much do you think they are going to run? Thanks, Dave Kafton

Comment

Dave
        Somewhere between $150 and $175
        Mark Masa
        www.linkcycles.com

Comment

FYI: My 43 tooth and 44 tooth Harley JD clutch sprockets are out getting the teeth cut this week and then after a few days in heat treat, they will be ready to ship. As a reminder, they are $200 each and include the rivets for both the center race as well as the basket. Riveting service is available at a fee if you send me your parts disassembled.
          I should also add that I've been able to set the price on my rear wheel sprockets as I know what all of my costs will be.
          They will be selling for $175.
          Thanks
          Mark Masa
          Mark Masa
          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

How and where to pay?
            Be sure to visit;
            http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
            Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
            Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Chris
              I trid to send you a PM, but your box is full.

Which one do you need? Clutch, wheel or both? If you need a clutch sprocket, do you need a 43 or 44 tooth?
              The clutch sprockets are $200 plus shipping. Shipping to CA will be about $10.
              email me at mark@linkcycles and I'll send you my details.
              Thanks
              Mark
              Mark Masa
              www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
                Chris
                I trid to send you a PM, but your box is full.

Which one do you need? Clutch, wheel or both? If you need a clutch sprocket, do you need a 43 or 44 tooth?
                The clutch sprockets are $200 plus shipping. Shipping to CA will be about $10.
                email me at mark@linkcycles and I'll send you my details.
                Thanks
                Mark
                My box is empty now. ;-)
                I tried to E mail to mark@linkcycles and it wouldn't go through.
                Last edited by Chris Haynes; 07-13-2012, 11:45 PM.
                Be sure to visit;

Comment

Mark@linkcycles.com?
                  Mark Masa
                  www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Mark,
                    You left the .com off of your posting.
                    Be sure to visit;

Comment

I used Mark's clutch sprocket and race and want to let people know they are very nicely made. I also used his transmission gears and countershaft in the tranny. I used a VL mainshaft and drive gear from Harbor Vintage with it to put the bushing in the gear instead of on the shaft. It all worked out very nicely. I ALSO used a couple of Mark's jiffy stand parts to fix up my original. Thanks Mark!! Not to mention Mark graciously sold me the 2 year only coil cover he had. Thanks again Mark!
                      Dan Margolien
                      Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
                      Www.yankeechapter.org
                      Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                      X