Linkert MR-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkert MR-3

I recently acquired this MR-3. Seems to be in decent shape but sadly is missing the venturi and main nozzle. Does any one know what venturi and nozzle that it takes.

Jerry

Jerry!

I've never held an MR-3 in my hand (that I can remember), but the screw going through the side in the idle gallery was used to hold a bombsight in the M-53.
    And of course, the nozzle was unique also.

Has the bore been machined in any way that could have received a large insert all the way to the mouth?
    Is the nozzle well restricted at the bore to 3/16", or is it 3/8" all the way?

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Cotten The irony with this carburator is that less 2 years ago I sold a NOS bombsight venturi because I never dreamed that I would own another carburator needing one. I will check to see if it looks like it has been modified. A few years ago I had a MR-4 that had a venturi fr0m the mouth all the way to the manifold and the carbburator had even been slightly beel mouthed heading into the manifold.

Jerry

Comment

Jerry!

The full body venturi thing was a factory mod, and I wish someone would post specifics.
        The only one I have held in my hands was on Michael Breeding's table, and he traced it to Roger Reiman.
        That was before I knew what a digital camera looked like.

Even if you had an NOS bombsight venturi, the chances of it fitting properly are small.

Potmetal constantly changes in dimension over the years, as it is a supercooled liquid, like old window glass.
        Even venturies that I have swaged and cut to a press-fit relax to a slip-fit in just a year on the shelf.
        And the secondary venturi prevents ordinary tooling from being applied.

I hear of modern bombsight productions, but reports are confused by claims that they will fit ordinary Linkerts.

....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 03-10-2012, 07:42 PM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Holger Ramming from Germany offers very good repro Bombsight venturis for the MR carbs - I bought one of his for my brass MR3.

You can get in contact with hin here:

Info@SideValve.de

http://www.SideValve.de

(what you see above the carb is a velocity stack, not a venturi - inside that carb is the new venturi - you find more details in Hogerīs pdf catalogue which you can download from his website or he will send it to you)

Best wishes from Europe,
          gsottl
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gsottl; 05-14-2012, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X