sport model toolbox key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sport model toolbox key

Can anybody give me some measurements to make a new key for my tool box.
    I allready have a few blank yale junior keys but need to know the shape to cut out.
    Attached Files

I'll dig mine out and see if it is like yours, I replaced the lock and am not sure if it's like the original. Give me a day or two, thanks.
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I have some NOS keys that work in my original Harley jd tool box. Same lock as on a sport model. I can send you one to see if it works.
      Let me know if interested.
      Mark Masa
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Thank you for the offer.
        Is your key looking like this one because it is for a JD model and doesn't fit.jd key.jpg
        Maybe I have not the original lock but it is stamped with the brand yale.

Comment

No. That's a 1926 and up key. The ones that I have are this one pictured.
          Mark Masa
          Mark Masa
          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

This is a picture of a ORIGINAL KEY , They have the number 8 stamped on them. I have one of your keys Mark and it would not fit in my original tool box. It is very close and with a little file it would work just fine.

Comment

Terry
              That's strange. It worked fine in the original tool box lock on a box I have.
              Where did you have to file it?
              Mark Masa
              Mark Masa
              www.linkcycles.com

Comment

HD Key

Terry
                I see what you mean. I looked thru my keys and found 2 NOS Yale Keys with an 8 stamped on the rear. They are about twice as long as the other Yale keys that I have. I can see where the upper legs are a bit shorter than on the smaller keys. I don't know why the shorter key worked in my toolbox. Maybe my lock is worn or broken on the inside.
                Mark Masa
                Mark Masa
                www.linkcycles.com

Comment

In the partlist there is also a picture of a longer key. Mark, I have made a key from your picture and it did not work .
                  I also made the upperlegs smaller and smaller untill it fitted.
                  I took of appr. 3mm in total (2x1,5mm) of the upperlegs and it worked.
                  Now I can make my blank keys to this model.
                  Thanks to everybody who replied on my message.

Peter Venus

Comment

Working...
                  X