Harley JD DLX-20 and Zenith Air Intake / Choke Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harley JD DLX-20 and Zenith Air Intake / Choke Assembly

FYI: I'm reproducing the air intake horns / choke assemblies for both the Schebler DLX-20 as well as the one used on the optional Zenith carb for the same period. Both carbs were available for 1924-1926 J and JD models. While there probably won't be much demand for the Zenith intake, the one for the DLX-20 is a hot item. I can't tell you how many DLX-20's I see at meets and NONE of them have the intake horn. I think that someone made a run of these a few years ago, but I needed a bunch for myself so I just made them. I just got a test run of the raw casings back today and they look great. I'll post some pics in the next day or so. An original, albeit overly polished DLX-20 intake just sold on ebay the other day for $460! Mine will be much less expensive. In case your curious about which intake I'm talking about, the ebay ID for the one that just sold is 320805026203
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/320805026203...84.m1438.l2649
    Anyone who may be interested in either style of intake, please send me an email or PM so I know how many to cast up.
    Thanks
    Mark Masa
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

OEM parts on left and New castings on the right
    DLX-20 Raw Castings

Zenith Raw Castings

Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

That's some nice castings.

Comment

Thanks Terry. I've been wanting to do this part for a while, but as you know, I've been "distracted" for a few years. I got the Zenith horn at Jefferson this year and that was what got me moving. I figured I'd just knock them both out. I'm going to start pulling things off of the back burner one by one and get caught up. It will be nice to play with motorcycles and make JD parts again.
        Mark Masa
        Mark Masa
        www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Working...
        X