1925 JD fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1925 JD fenders

Can anyone explain to me what makes the 1925 fenders one year only items? Which do they most closely resemble 1924 and down or 1926 and up.

Jerry

I'll jump on this one Jerry.
    There are several things that make 1925 guards one year only items. They are still a narrow style fender but have braces to fit the new 1925 frame and shorter fork.
    The fenders are more similar to the 1924 and earlier fenders. The rear has a longer hinged section than the 1923/24 style. It also has a one year only bracket riveted onto the front left that the rear chain guard attatches to. Note that the rear chain guard is a 1925 only item too. I'd have to confirm it by looking in a parts book, but the braces are probably one year too.
    The front guard is essentially identical to the 1924 guard except for the braces. They are about an inch shorter than the earlier fender and are not interchangeable.
    MANY things on a 1925 are one year only.
    Frame
    Front fender
    Rear fender
    Tanks
    Frame
    Rear chain guard
    Handle bars
    Trans. Case
    Tool box ( the lid anyway)
    I'm sure I forgot something, but you get the idea.
    Send me a PM. I may know two guys who had 1925 rear guards for sale.
    Mark Masa
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

don't forget that damn buzz box thing that will set you back 1/2 the price of the bike!
      rob ronky #10507
      www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

I've got 1925 motor, tranny, frame and fork but what makes the tanks 1 year only?

Jerry

Comment

Three bolt brackets on the underside instead of two.
          Mark Masa
          Mark Masa
          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Working...
          X