Sport model releif pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport model releif pipe

I am rebuilding my 1921 Sportmodel and I am missing the Manifold relief pipe.
    This is number *02 WHA68 in the spareparts list.
    This pipe is located on the manifold just next to the carburator.

Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of this pipe
    Can anyone give me some dimensions of this part so I can reproduce it.
    Can anyone send me a good picture of the position of this part.

Thanks

Peter

The pipe vents a small portion of exhaust through the intake part of the manifold to heat it up. You might have to find someone who designed it to find out why, I think it was believed to help with intake gases.
    I can take pictures and measure mine if you give me a couple days to get to it.
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Pic from a couple years ago....more later...
      Attached Files
      Louie
      YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

First off sorry for the crappy picture, I took it in my dark garage and the camera wouldn't focus for some reason. I'll get it out in the sun and get some better pics soon.

The pipe is about 7 inches long and goes straight down between the manifold and valve springs and then curves slightly to the inside.
        Attached Files
        Louie
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I can't help you with the pipe Louie; I just wanted to say that I've grown to like the the Sport. I wonder if Harley got a lot of complaints when they discontinued it. Like when they cancel a t.v. show and everyone says they miss it, even though they never watched it.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Venus needs help with the pipe, my Sport runs great. The only problem I have is with the clutch and the 132 buttons that are worn out. I have a spare basket and plates that I'm trying to get some clutch material bonded to and do away with the buttons. I think the Sport was ahead of it's time with the inclosed chain, integral trany, and the 180 degree motor....smooth and powerful...so the advertisements say!
            Louie
            YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but since we're talking Sport models...
              I" piecing together a couple of these and still need a few bits. Mostly a front guard and some rear brake parts. I have $ or Sport model and Harley JD parts to trade.
              Mark Masa
              Mark Masa
              www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Thanks for the photo.
                I wouldlike to see some more photo's from different angles if possible.
                At the moment I am busy to repace the pistons for WLA pistons.
                The have the same dimensions except for the pistonpin so the small end has to be modified.
                I hope to complete my project this winter so I can test ride it next spring.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sport Model relief pipe.

IMGP3594.jpgVenus: At last I've got to my bike and removed the relief pipe for a picture. It is 3/8" tubing 9" long. The curve on the bottom has a 5" radius. Tom Wilcock #381

Comment

Mr. Wilcock

Thank you for the picture and measurements.
                    Now it should be no problem to make one.

Can you also help me with the saddle.
                    I have a messinger no1 saddle but I am missing the parts 0804 the pommelbolt, 0805 adjusting screw and 0806 tension spring cap.
                    Do you know where to get these parts or do you have a picture and some measurements so I can make them.

Peter Venus

Comment

sport model relief pipe

Here are sketches with approximate dimensions for the saddle parts. They are on my bike so it is difficult to get accurate dimensions without taking the saddle apart. If you need more dimensions let me know. For some reason my sketch will not download. Tom Wilcock 381

Comment

Cory Othen
                        Membership#10953

Comment

Doesn't Tom Fickau make these parts?
                          Mark Masa
                          Mark Masa
                          www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Working...
                          X