Linkert M51 float bowl location.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linkert M51 float bowl location.

I have a Linkert M51 on my J.D, my question is what is the correct location of the float bowl . should the inlet line be directley center of the butter fly.and air intake. or elce where. thank you.

John!

The M51 used a "side bowl", with a raised boss for a hex cap (on left in attachment) that will not allow the inlet to be placed directly under the carburetor.
    An original gas line would probably find that more convenient, even though the model is not "correct" for a JD.

....Cotten
    Attached Files
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-06-2011, 06:55 AM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

thanks Cotten.would the bowl then be placed just left as it's clears the center.i see no pins to mark the right place to set it. or it dozen't make any differance were it goes. thanks again Cotten. John

Comment

John!

You will want to rotate the inlet as close to the choke mechanism as possible.
        If the inlet is anywhere close to perpendicular to the body, the float will hang up upon the bowlstem.

If the gasline will not allow this, then some extra clearance for the float can be achieved by grinding the protruding ledge upon the bowlstem.

....Cotten
        Attached Files
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-07-2011, 07:19 AM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

thank you Cotten. this has been very helpful.John

Comment

Working...
          X