1932v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1932v

Putting a 32 V motor together. Looking for a schematic of the lower end and cases. All the parts books I've gotten have lists w/ no pictures.Any sugestions?>
    Already have Steve Slocombes book
    I know that variable thickness shims go on the left side between the case and left flywheel but not sure what goes on right side between the right flywheel and the bushing on the right case??
    Thanx, Steve

Let me know if you find one. I have a 34 VD I need info on. Good Luck

Comment

Dear Steve, the pictures in my book are all there is, but there is not a huge parts count. Harley are reprinting a 1935 blueprint of the complete engine, which is nice to have on your wall. The variable thickness thrust washer, to set up end float of the flywheel assembly in the cases, goes on the RIGHT side of the flywheels. So going from left to right, you have the oiler bushing, then the left case bushing. Inside this are two sets of rollers in cages with a spacer between. Then the left flywheel, crank pin with thrust washers either side, right flywheel, variable thickness thrust washer, then the big bronze bushing in the right crankcase.

Comment

The reason I thought the shims for flywheel float adjustment went on the left is because I have the locating pin for shim on the left wheel and not the right???

Comment

Dear Steve, you're right, I'm wrong. I should have looked at my flywheel collection rather than relied on memory. Sorry.

Comment

Steve S., So now that we have our lefts and right strait, what if anything goes on the pinion shaft between the flywheel and the right case?
            Thank you for your help, Steve C.

Comment

Dear Steve, tentatively this time, I'd say nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X