Adapting motorcycle/atv jack to WL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adapting motorcycle/atv jack to WL

I recently received for free one of the low cost motorcycle/atv jacks. This is the type of jack that raises the motorcycle from under the frame. It is a Craftsman model #50190 (see attached picture). It has a leaky bottle jack which I can replace which is why I got it for free. I have a ’43 WLA and the jack will not work with the goose neck frame and the parts hanging below the frame such as the exhaust and primary.

Before I drag out the metal working equipment and scrap metal and reinvent the wheel, has anyone figured out a way to adapt this type of jack to the WL that can pass along their solution?
    Attached Files

RVP

I had a similar issue with my jack and a '47 WL. I took some square tube steel and a couple of pieces of angle iron and viola....1/2 hour later and I had a couple of rails I could use. They measure 6" from bottom to top and the flat part of the rail is 15.5" long. This mounts under the floorboard support rods (without footboards installed) and I think I slid the jack underneath and then fastened the rail in order to clear the underside of the frame. The side with a cut rail is the gear side.

[IMG]

Scott
    AMCA# 13993

Comment

Scott,
      Thanks for the pictures and idea. It is possible to rig up a fixture and I will use it as a starting point.

Comment

Working...
      X