VL Frame Compared to a 45 Frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VL Frame Compared to a 45 Frame

I have been reading a book titled What Fits What by Mike Arman and Kurt Heinrichs. It states that a VL frame is almost identical to a 45 frame. Can anyone on here tell me a sure fire way to make the determination which is which? I have searched through post and could not find anything. I am sorry if this has already been discussed here before. I am a new member and new to this subject. THANKS!

Hi,

The quick way to determine the difference at a glance, is...look at the tranny mount plate.

The 45 has two long skinny slots down the middle.
    The VL has 3 large round holes down the middle of the plate (1 1/2" dia?)and 4 slots out along the edges.

The frames only look similar.....they are nothing alike, and nothing is interchangeable...nothing.

Comment

Thanks, that clears that right up. Appreciate you taking the time!
      Originally posted by fabercycle View Post
      Hi,

The quick way to determine the difference at a glance, is...look at the tranny mount plate.

The 45 has two long skinny slots down the middle.
      The VL has 3 large round holes down the middle of the plate (1 1/2" dia?)and 4 slots out along the edges.

The frames only look similar.....they are nothing alike, and nothing is interchangeable...nothing.

Comment

Working...
      X