Early 42WLA 45 Front Wheel Bearing Cone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early 42WLA 45 Front Wheel Bearing Cone

My restoration requires the early front bearing cone parts on the right side of the springer. The later 42 parts incorporated a grease seal setup. OK.... here is what I have, or at least what I think I have. Note the tab on the #3926-30 lock washer. I am not sure what this engages into. I assume it engages in the axle but I have not checked to see if my nos axle has the keyway for one in it or not. The parts book lists only one axle part number for the early and late model setups. Note in the one photo how that same lock washer fits over the bearing cone. One radius cutout lines up with the dowel and the other two radius cutouts line up with a pair of holes in the bearing cone. I have no clue what the holes are for. You can plainly see the groove in the bearing cone wall for the #3925-30 cir clip.

The photos of the bearing cone lock nut are supposed to be of the early type #3929-30 lock nut. At least that is what it was supposed to be when it was purchased. I placed the dimensions on it for comparison to the later style bearing cone lock nut #3929-44. Paps

i but a pair of bent needle nose pliers in the two holes.sure helped twist the crudy old cone out
    rob ronky #10507
    www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

Working...
    X